Infertility is defined as trying to get pregnant (with frequent intercourse) for at least a year with no success. Indeed, it is a suffering phase in every person’s life but there is nothing to be ashamed of or worried about, as because there are several advanced techniques to deal with this issue these days. But before we know the treatments of infertility, let us know the causes and symptoms in brief….
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes may lead to failure in conceiving in women even if she can produce the gametes.
- Hormonal imbalance can cause infertility in both men and women
- Excess weight issues often lead to infertility
- Cervical issues in women cause infertility
- Stress is a major cause of infertility
- Birth defects, in both men and women, can lead to infertility.
Symptoms and tests for detection
The symptoms in females include non-production of gametes, not being able to conceive, multiple miscarriages, etc. The tests which can be carried out to find out your infertility issues are
- Hysterosalpingography or HSG which is done by placing iodine dyes in the cervix to take x-rays so that the doctors can be confirmed about its healthiness.
- Laparoscopy is a low-risk invasive surgical method used to identify any abnormality associated with the person’s reproductive organs.
- A urine or blood test is mainly carried out to know about the presence of hormones in the body that regulates the process of pregnancy in the females.
- A pelvic exam is done to know the condition of the uterus and the ovaries of the females to be sure of their healthiness.
Female infertility is anything like a common disorder that you can have and there is nothing to panic out when you find out that you are not capable of giving birth to a child. There is always a way out for every problem and this has a handful of it. So, if you or your near ones suffer from any of these issues, consult an infertility specialist and get help accordingly.