Progenesis Fertility Center is introducing a one-year structured Fellowship Program in Reproductive Medicine, wherein selected candidates shall be imparted focused education & training in the field of Reproductive Medicine.
Extensive training will be imparted to candidates in the field of Reproductive Techniques by dedicated mentors having very good experience in this field.
Get Enroll For Advance Learning of Reproductive Techniques
The Progenesis IVF Fellowship Programme will be offered from the following Progenesis Fertility Centres
The centre aims to boost the training of those hoping to develop skills in Assisted Reproductive Technique, which will bring improved treatment to childless couples in India.
Exact locations will be announced along with every batch.
Eligibility for Admission
The eligibility standards and regulations shall be set by the Academic Board of Progenesis Fertility Center and can be modified based on their preference. These criteria are as follows.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Candidates who have passed and obtained Medical Post Graduate Clinical Courses and Super-Speciality degree courses recognized by the Medical Council of India are only eligible to join in Progenesis IVF Fellowship Programme. This includes MD (Medicine), MS (Master of Surgery), DNB (Diplomate of National Board), DGO (Diploma in Obsterics & Gynaecology).
- Candidates who have passed and obtained MRCOG, FRCOG & AB of Obsterics & Gynaecology are also eligible to apply for the Fellowship Programme.
- Candidates who have studied in foreign countries (outside India) and passed in clinical courses in Obsterics & Gynaecology are eligible to join the Fellowship Programme upon producing the following Certificates. a. The Equivalent Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
b. Temporary Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
c. Migration certificate from the university where Post Graduate degree was obtained.
Evaluation: 2 semesters and an internal assessment test / log book / thesis and final exam by RGUHS
Duration of the Course
The duration for the Fellowship Programme is one year. The admission for the Fellowship Programme is done twice every calendar year in the months of January and July.
Selection of Candidates
The candidates for the Fellowship Programme shall be selected by the Academic Admissions committee in a fair and transparent manner. The Admissions Academic committee comprising of Dr Narhari Malagaonkar and Dr Sonali Malagaonkar shall set the criterion and will monitor the process of selection, training, and conduct of the examination.
- The candidates selected will become a bonafide student of Progenesis Fertility Center.
- The number of candidates at each centre will be at a maximum of 1 (ONE) per centre at any one time
- The candidates will be screened in a written test and interviewed orally prior to selection
Commencement of the Course & Probation Period
The One Year Fellowship Programme will commence on 1st of January and 1st of July every year. There would be a mandatory probation period of 2 (two) months during which the aptitude and attitude of fellow students will be assessed. All fellow students must mandatorily pass the probation period successfully to continue the Fellowship
Progenesis Fertility Academic Committee shall constitute the faculty for the fellowship program and will include visiting faculty members.
Introduction to IVF and setting up of an IVF Lab and its its quality control.
- Ultrasound folluculometry, urinary LH surge detection
- Investigation and management of infertility
- IUI [ donor Insemination]
- Hands on semen analysis , semen washing, sperm freezing and Thawing
Tests for ovarian reserve
- Different stimulation protocol and monitoring of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation
- Prevention of OHSS and its management
- Approaches to ovarian stimulation in PCO patients
ART in endometriosis
- Egg pick up protocol, its trouble shoots, Hands on egg pick up in oocyte pick up room
- Hands on culture dish preparation
- Hands on Gamete handling and IVF insemination in embryology lab
- Hands on catherter loading of embryos and transfer using non gamete cells
- Cryo preservation [ Vitrification ] and preparation for frozen Thaw
- Embryo transfer and its protocol
- Discussion Demonstration about ICSI and IMSI.
Course Fees, Stipend and Follow on Employment
Fees: The fees for the 1-year fellowship course are INR 1,00,000. This fee needs to be remitted by the fellow student at the beginning of the course.
Stipend: The fellowship candidates will be paid a stipend of INR 25,000 per month for a period of one year, excluding the probation period.
Certificate: The successful candidates shall receive a Provisional Certification at the end of their training. The successful candidates may suffix his/ her name with Fellow in Reproductive Medicine (Progenesis Fertility Center)
Follow-on Employment: Based on availability of open positions and Progenesis discretion, select fellowship students will be offered follow-on full-time employment as IVF consultation at a Progenesis Fertility Centre’s in India.
Why Progenesis For Fellowship
- World Class ART lab
- Quick Learning
- Learning by very experienced faculty having experience of 5000+ IVF cycles.
- High Success Rate of IVF cycles .
- Dedicated mentor for best learning to candidate and provide more exposure
- Group does over 2,000 IVF cycles a year
Extensive training will be imparted to candidates in the field of Reproductive Techniques by dedicated mentors having very good experience in this field. The training will be imparted in a IVF setup .
Once the training is completed, the candidates would be subjected to a fellowhip exam. Candidates passing the training course & fellowship exam would then be placed at Progenesis Fertility Centre.